Friday, September 27, 2013

summary of summer


The weather today was ridiculously nice. It felt like summer all over again. And I got to wear this shirt for the first time.

I first saw it on Modcloth but it was like $25 and (as I've stated numerous times previously) I can't actually buy anything from Modcloth. So I started the hunt for it on other websites. I eventually found it on Amazon for like half the cost. I scooped it up as soon as I could.


I've been trying to expand the colour limits of my wardrobe recently. I tend to buy a lot of reds, yellows, and browns, a lot of natural colours. I also lean towards simple clothing that can go with almost anything. However, I'm trying to experiment with more interesting pieces. Like that bird shirt from my last outfit post. It has print and colour and yet I've worn it at least three different ways. 

This shirt, however, is a little harder to style without going for the traditional jean and boot route. I wanted something a little different, so I pulled out these pair of shorts that I've been using as pyjamas since they're so soft. I'm not used to seeing myself in such an outfit (short shorts, plain t-shirt, purple) but I'm trying to expand my style and see where it leads me. 




Top: Modcloth
Bottom: Walmart
Tights: Fairweather
Shoes: Payless Shoe Source
Belt: thrifted
Bow: Sassy Steals

No comments:

Post a Comment