Saturday, September 21, 2013

historical inspiration


Style is definitely something that evolves over time. I've never met someone that has kept their tastes all throughout their teenage and young adult years. Just like fashion, style is something that changes from year to year, from season to season. Although we can't always see it, our style is perpetually changing. And it is only after a while that we can look back and really pick out what has changed.




I've always been a huge fan of history as shown in my previous post A Trek Through Time. And I used to let my love for the past completely dictate my style. I would only buy stuff that would remind me of the Roman period. I bought dresses that looked like tunics, gladiator sandals, and roman inspired belts, including the one I have here. I specifically bought this belt because the metal clasp reminded me of the gladiators. Strange, I know. And although at the time I though I'd always be wearing this belt, the truth is, I barely do anymore. In fact, this is the first time in almost a year that I use it. Probably doesn't help that it is a little big for me. 


Top: thrifted
Skirt: thrifted
Belt: Costa Blanca
Tights: Reitmans
Shoes: Payless Shoe Source
Necklace: gift

No comments:

Post a Comment