Sunday, September 22, 2013

fall has fell


The weather today was absolutely wonderful: windy, windy, windy, and cold enough to wear my coat! I love it! Fall has arrived! Layers, here I come. Now, I'm pretty sure it's been this cold before this year, but since I'm homeschooled, I don't get out much.


I bought this coat around a year ago (wow, time flies... feels like I just got it). I originally saw it on Modcloth but it was so expensive. By the time I decided to suck it up and buy it, it was no longer in stock. And so began my search to find this coat online. My search didn't last long. I asked a modstylist who the designer was and I quickly found it on another website. For cheaper. Which was great. And I love it. It works with both pants and dresses/skirts and I love how it looks from the back (kind of like its own dress). I used to be really skeptical about buying things online, but really, you just have to be careful and know your size (don't lie to yourself, you're probably bigger than you think you are). I've bought three things online so far (shoes, coat, and top) and they are all some of my favourite pieces in my closet.



With the cold weather here, I've been wanting to make a few soups. In my mind, autumn and soups/chowders/stews are synonimous. I've been planning on making a corn chowder for a week or so but I haven't really had the time. I might do it tomorrow since my mom is out of town and I have to make dinner anyway. I've never had a chowder but I love corn and I found a recipe that sounds delicious. If the chowder's any good, I'll share the recipe with you.

Top: thrifted/H&M
Skirt: thrifted/American Eagle
Tights: Reitmans
Shoes: Modcloth
Coat: Jessica Simpson
Belt: thriftedBag: thrifted



No comments:

Post a Comment