Friday, June 28, 2013

ulyana sergeenko // session II

I know y'all are probably hoping for an outfit post, but, as you can probably tell, this isn't it. It isn't that I haven't been wearing cute stuff, or because I simply don't have time for photo shoots. In fact, I've worn some of my favourite outfits recently and summer's here so I have quite a bit of free time. 

Truth is, I'm trying to stay away from the camera for a bit. I'm getting the vibe that some people close to me are getting a little, shall we say, "put out" by the constant photo shoots. I think I'm coming off as vain or self-absorbed. Although I honestly don't really care what people are saying because it isn't true, I also don't want to rub them the wrong way if I don't have to. Maybe a few days away from the camera will cool the temperature down enough that it won't offend them so much.

So, until then, I will be continuing the Ulyana Sergeenko Sessions. I really love doing posts that aren't all bout me and this Fall/Winter collection is absolutely, breathtakingly out-of-this-world. See for yourself!

#25:
While I like the colours used in this outfit (excluding the purse which personally looks out of place), there isn't anything that really stands out. A very nice, but boring outfit. 

#24:
















































I love this skirt. It is simply gorgeous. The shape and obvious mobility of this exquisite piece isn't seen very often anymore. Nowadays, it is all about being short and tight. However, I'm not the biggest fan of the colour or the shininess of the material.

#23:

This dress/coat (whatever it is) is absolutely beautiful. The shape is adorable and it looks super comfortable. However, it is a little impractical. Whether a dress or a coat, it looks like it was meant to be worn in colder weather but bare legs (or even tights) seem a little too little as cover ups. I will say that the cinnamon coloured lace gloves are to die for.

#22:
While I like the shape of this number as well as the style of the underdress, I'm not too sure what is going on with the colours of this dress. Both the underpart (that looks like a shirt) and the apron-like overdress look like they are black, but next to each other they are quite different in colour. This could be attributed to the difference in material but I still don't think it's excusable. It simply looks a bit sloppy. 

#21:
I've never been the biggest fan of blue. I have dark skin and dark hair and I've always gravitated to warm earthy colours like green, red, brown, and yellow. Blue has never done much for me. And even though the shape of this skirt is stunning, I'm not too wowed by the overall effect. The model's eyes and hairstyle always seem to grab my attention before the actual outfit. 

#20:
This dress is adorable. I would totally wear this. I love the loose sleeves and the apron shaped ruffles decorating the front. Even the shoes don't seem so bad. The flower print is very spring-like without being too loud or cliche. I could definitely see myself wearing this with confidence.

#19:













































This outfit has such an innocent sensuality about it. The small black slip (?) underneath contrasting with the girly sheer overdress with petal print and puffed sleeves... very beautiful. I think that the model's pose plays along with this theme very well. Her body is posing quite liberally but her face has the blankness of naivety. I would definitely wear this (albeit with a longer slip). 

No comments:

Post a Comment