Friday, June 28, 2013

ulyana sergeenko // session I

I just found one of the most beautiful Fall/Winter collections I've ever seen. But that's not saying much as I'm not really one for the "designer" side of the fashion world. I prefer street style. Also, this collection dates back to the 2010/2011 season. Yeah... I'm so out of touch.

In any case, I came across this collection as I was simply surfing the web and I simply had to share it with you. Unfortunately, there are more than thirty outfits. So I'll be dividing it into five posts/sessions. The first four will have seven photos each ranging from my least favourites to my favourites. And the last post/session will have my top four.

So, ladies and gentlemen, presenting the bottom seven of Ulyana Sergeenko's Fall/Winter collection of the 2010/2011 season!

#32:
While the length and shape of this dress is beautiful, I simply can't get over the material. When did it become fashionable to wear a garbage bag?

#31:
I hate high-rise shorts. Not because their ugly or unflattering, but because people think that the high waistline gives the wearer freedom to wear almost nothing on the legs. It isn't like the higher waistline is even covering more than ordinary shorts. 

#30:
While I like the colours of this dress/coat, I have to give it a thumbs down for the fur. I am pro-animal and hate it when fur/skin is used in fashion. When did a creature's life become less valuable than a piece of clothing? Especially since there are a ton of other materials that could be used. If this is faux fur... I still don't like it. It is really hard to make real or faux fur look classy. While I admit that the designer did a pretty good job of it, it still isn't the best if could be. 

#29:
While there isn't anything in particular that I don't like about this outfit, I find that it doesn't fit in well with the theme of the collection very well. It's too sleek and polished. Too modern.

#28:
Okay, what is this? Have pot-holders suddenly become fashionable and someone forgot to tell me?

#27:
This outfit would have been really cute if the skirt hadn't been so loud. 

#26:
I like this coat. The material looks awesome and the shape is very vintage-y. However, the overall outfit is a little blah. Black coat and grey shoes? No accessories? I think a thin, strong orange belt would have really pulled this whole thing together.



No comments:

Post a Comment