Wednesday, June 12, 2013

slipping into summer




I wore this outfit to work yesterday. It is probably one of my all-time favourite outfits. This is what I would wear every day to work if I could. I love how each piece is based on the traditional work outfit and yet it is so cute and fun and me. I mean, we've got the blouse, the pencil skirt, and oxfords but they are all tweaked a little into being a little more unique. We've floral, corduroy and heels!

This skirt is probably one of my favourite buys. I got it at a Value Village early last autumn and I still wear it regularly. It is a dark blue corduroy with buttons all the way down the front. It comes with matching non-stretchy suspenders that I usually wear with it. Until recently, I never even thought about taking them off... 


In the above picture, you get a little glimpse of something white between the buttons. I'm so glad that I decided to wear a slip with this outfit for that particular reason. Phew... really dodged a nasty bullet there. It simply wouldn't do to have one's undergarments on display all over the internet, now would it?


I'm so happy with the weather right now. It is bright, it is sunny (well, not right now... right now it is dreary and rainy), and it is finally starting to feel like summer! The pool is open, the sun's curfew has been pushed back a couple hours, and I'm already starting to sweat the second I step outside. 

Shirt: Target
Skirt: thrifted
Shoes: Modcloth
Belt: thrifted
Purse: thrifted
Earrings: thrifted




No comments:

Post a Comment