Monday, June 10, 2013

follow the light




A few weeks ago, my family and I went to a wedding. I did an outfit post at the time but I only had access of the reception pictures recently. It was a really awesome time and the decor was beautiful. There were lights everywhere and everything pretty much shone in the dark. Even the things that didn't give off their own light like the crystal wine glasses sparkled. It might be a little cheesy, but it all reminded me a bit of a starry night. 



The centrepieces on the tables were absolutely gorgeous. There were these glass vases that were either shaped like the blue one above or like the first picture at the top. They were filled with little gel bubbles that got all sticky and gooey when they broke. Int the middle of the little balls, there was a disk that glowed brightly and that changed colour at the click of a remote. Sitting on the top was a small simple candle. It really was beautiful.


This candle picture is probably my favourite. The rest of the decorations and stuff had more of a partyish feel to it yet the small little candles that were littered across the tables amidst bottles of wine and champagne really made everything more elegant and wedding-like. It kind of reminds me of Paris with the soft candle light, the mirror like base, the almost empty wine bottles...





1 comment: