Wednesday, June 5, 2013

a trek through time




 The Three Musketeers (my older brother, my older sister, and I) have a strange fascination with all things medieval. Even though it has decreased over the past few years from a wild obsession to a subtle integration into our lifestyle, its presence is still strongly felt. My older sister has a couple medieval chests in her room, as well as a bow and arrow and this wonderful cape that she sewed herself. My older brother also has a bow and arrow, but his "armoury" is much more extensive. He has a large (real!) sword, a dagger, a machete, a conquistador's helmet (I know, I know... not exactly medieval) and a chest. I, on the other hand, just have a lot of medieval inspired decor (ex: candles, wine bottles, dried flowers/herbs...). And of course, we all still have these awesome medieval clothing that we bought from a little boutique up in Quebec over five years ago.


These photos were taken last summer as well. They are definitely some of my favourites. I was actually gone for most of the summer, working at a camp, and every time I came home, we'd try to do a photo shoot. I never really like having photos taken of me before but the summer in question really changed me. I spend day after day in the sun, walking around, running around, and not eating much. I ended up losing quite some weight and so I didn't look big on camera anymore... well, as big. Thankfully, I've managed to keep off the weight so photos aren't such a big deal for me. I have also started to get more comfortable in my own skin in the past year or so so I'm not so self-conscious on camera which is really liberating. I used to run and hide every time a camera or phone came into view. I avoided the lens so much, I doubt you could find many photos of my 13-15 years. 


Say hello to the little well again! It might make some more appearances in future posts but I've started to love using my garage door as a back drop. It's simple and the white really lets the colour (or lack there of) pop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment