Friday, October 11, 2013

october dress project // day 4



This was my it's-friday-got-school-to-do outfit, so I didn't really try to be creative. I know that this whole project is about creativity, but when you stay home day after day, it is difficult to get the motivation since no one really sees or really appreciates your so-called creativity. That is one thing that makes things difficult being a homeschooling blogger: the lack of motivation. But I have really improved in that aspect since starting this blog. Before, I would wear my pyjamas all day, or wear ratty jeans and old stained sweaters. It wasn't nice for anyone.

And for this past week, I've been doing the same thing. Being sick sucks but at least I get to stay in my warm pyjamas all day. But I've got work for the next three days so I'll have to be out and about. I work at a grocery store, and I doubt my sickness will be well received. We'll see how it goes.
My older sister and my older brother will be coming home this weekend for Thanksgiving. I'm really stoked to see them, but out of a three day weekend I'll be working fifteen and a half hours. It's going to be difficult being sick and knowing that my family is at home all together having fun. Plus, due to my work, my family has had to make Saturday's turkey dinner into a lunch and the brunch we had planned for Sunday morning has had to be pushed back to Monday. All these changes made just for me and I bet that all I'll want to do when I'm home is sleep.

My brother will actually be staying for the entirety of next week which is really nice. I haven't seen him since he left back in September since I was working when my family moved him in and when they went back to visit him. We've only talked on the phone a couple of times and not for very long, so I'm really excited to see him.

I've never been much of jeweled-jewelery type girl. Crystals and gems aren't really my thing unless they're made to look natural. However, this is probably one of my favourite necklaces. I don't wear it that often because it doesn't really match most of my clothing's style but it means a lot to me and I love the intricacy of it. My older sister bought it for me a few years ago when we were on vacation in Florida and at the time, it went perfectly with everything I had. I wore it all the time. But as people grow up, style does as well. And while this piece has sentimental value to me, I don't really find many occasions to wear it. So it was really nice to get the chance to wear it.

Dress: thrifted
Belt: thrifted
Tights: Reitmans
Necklace: gift/Icing

No comments:

Post a Comment