Wednesday, October 2, 2013

a little late, a little later

I recently ordered a couple things from Ruche and they finally came in yesterday. While I still do like them, the quality of both items aren't really up to par with how they look in the Ruche site.


The cardigan is more of a tight knit, one layer, and although soft, not warm in the slightest. It seems really delicate and will probably stretch out on the hanger because there are no little plastic hoops on it. Also, despite ordering the smallest size, it is quite a bit too big for me. 

The shirt isn't better. It is thin and feels kind of cheap. It hans on me very loosely despite my following the sizing guide on the site. Also, when it arrived, a button was broken, snapped in two. Thankfully, it has one extra button so I'll be able to fix that. 

Don't get me wrong, both pieces are beautiful and lovely and actually nice. However, for the price, I wouldn't have bought them. Just last week, I spent the same price at a thrift store and got two dresses, a jean shirt (very similar to this one but way higher in quality), a brown blouse, a pair of heeled oxfords that I wore in my last outfit post, a totem necklace, and the whole Narnia series. Nothing can beat the price of thrift stores and the quality is often the same or even better than anything you find in an average shop. I mean, if something looks good hanging in a thrift store, it is pretty much a fact that it will look good and keep its shape. 

As for my Ruche purchases, I'm seriously considering returning them but I think I already threw out the packaging and I'm not sure if I have to pay to ship them back... we shall see. 

On a different note... the whole October Dress Project/Outfit Post Per Day isn't going as well as I intended. I am completely swamped. This weekend though, things should let up a little... let me rephrase that actually: This Sunday things should let up a little. I have an advanced functions assignment, an advanced functions test, a biology assignment, and a biology test all due on Friday, as well as a biology lab report. I haven't a single darn thing. I'm close to completing both assignments, and the tests probably shouldn't take too long, but the lab report might be a little stifling for me... it is the first one I do after all. 

It doesn't help that I have my writing to keep up with, ODP to plan around, NaNoWriMo to strategize for, and I have a Student Life Expo to attend this Saturday, not to mention work this Friday and Saturday. I'm also starting to run, so my evenings are often taken up by that. 

I'm keeping track of everything I wear though, so hopefully I can do recreations this Sunday and post them as a Week 1 series. Crossing my fingers that I have time, my dad's tripod, and the energy to do anything at all this weekend. 

The next couple of weeks don't look too promising either. I've been scheduled for a lot of shifts at work and my older brother is coming home from university for a week and my older sister will also be here for Thanksgiving.

But I'll do my best. Things might be a little late in coming, but it'll get on here eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment