Wednesday, September 11, 2013

outfit of the month // september

It's not really starting to feel like autumn yet. The weather this year has been pretty strange. First we had  no spring and went directly for summer weather in the high 20's and then only for a few weeks near the end of spring we actually got some nice mild weather. Then this summer has been on and off, either really hot and humid, or cold enough to wear pants and a sweater. And yesterday we had 30 degree weather. In some places of Toronto, the temperature was around 40's degrees and a heat warning was sent out. I believe it is only like the second September heat warning in the past decade. Pretty hot. Today isn't much different: Blazing hot sun, next to no breeze, and sweat stains after only minutes in the outdoors.

Regardless, I've been really stoked for autumn to begin. It is definitely my favourite season. I like the milder weather, the brisk wind, the crisp scent in the air and --of course-- the style. I love layering but it is really hard to do in the summer without melting and in the winter, you are always covered up in a thick winter coat. Spring... well, no one really wants to layer after a season of covering up. 

I've recently gotten a job, so I've become a little less apprehensive of buying new clothing instead of thrifting. And I've got my eye on a few pieces that I'm just dying to have. 



Sweater: Avora Aztec Sweater By BB Dakota
Dress: Favourite Rendition Dress
Boots: For Fold Time's Sake Bootie
Scarf: Heartwarming Up Scarf in Amber 
Necklace: Be-Leaf It or Not Necklace
Earrings: Welcome Bach Earrings

As you can probably tell, I'm obsessed with Modcloth and Ruche. But it is more just being kind to myself than anything else. I try to stay away from more expensive stores, online and not. I don't even look at such stores such as Free People and Anthropologie because I would hate to fall in love with a piece only to be unable to purchase it because of its hefty price or spend a senseless amount on money on one piece instead of spending the same amount of money and getting ten pieces or even more at a local thrift store. I think that is something that people don't pay enough attention to. They say that they are only window shopping but then end up breaking their hearts or their wallets on something that is ridiculously overpriced. At least in Modcloth and Ruche, the items are fairly decently priced and for anything in Modcloth that might be a little expensive, their incredible customer service makes up for it.

My family just got a new kitten and I've been meaning to post pictures but our camera is being stupid and won't even connect to the computer. Whenever I get the photos on my computer, I'll post them and you all can see our little ball of fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment